Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You Can't Argue with Success

This last winter here in New England was terrible. Having MDS as well as thyroid problems, I get cold easily. The tons of snow and blowing winds kept me a prisoner in my home for days at a time. I would even skip walking out to the mailbox for three or four days at a time, because I couldn't bear to go out in the cold. I got very depressed, and my beliefs in all I believe in seemed a moot point. Satan had me right where he wanted me; no joy, no looking forward to the future. Man, it was bad.
I suffered from edema, but nobody seemed too concerned about it. It got worse; to the point couldn't bend my knees to get in the car. I let this go on for almost 3 months!
BUT! One day I sort of woke up and came out of the whole mind-wrapped-in-a- cocoon scenario, got in to see the doctor, and within the week's stay I was in the hospital, my lfe got back on track. It helped that spring was starting to show itself too!

Because God had finally gotten my attention, I came home and began to study my bible more. I began to wonder about what I was eating, that may have caused my illness. And then of course, I figured it out with the vegan diet.

Before I continue, I want to explain that when I say the vegan diet, I mean just the diet. I am not a PETA member; I don't throw blood on perfectly nice looking fur coats, I don't berate people I know who eat meat. I am doing this for my body; I want to see what results I get from my experiments. If it turns out that I get better- and that's a word that could mean... better, as in I'm feeling better, all the way to, I'm, all better!( as in 'cured'!) I am looking to improve my health at the very least, and so far, it seems to be working. More about how in my next post. I will leave you with this, however...my dr. says he finds me 'fascinating'...( and that wasn't because he was flirting with me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment