Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nutrition Makes a Stand...Finally

I had been perplexed as to how to handle my nutritional needs. Finally, it hit me...

Duh. The Bible.

I've been babbling all this time how I'm a Christian and a Bible believer, and how I believe the body has amazing recuperative powers, but I also know faith and trust in God help a great deal. I do my part to get better, and God does His part to get me there. After all, He is the Great Physician!

O.K., so how do I do my part in getting better? Not by begging for all those horrible chemicals & drugs which may or may not help me, but by a nutritional point of view.

When I began to study food & nutrition in the Bible, I found that God has a lot to say about how we eat and how we stay healthy. In Genesis, the first book of the Bible, we see that God tells Adam and Eve what their meal plan was.

Genesis 1:29
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

In the beginning It looks as if God created us to eat fruits and vegetables. Then when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden, He added this:

Genesis 3:23
Thefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden to till the ground from whence he was taken.

That's when I kind of think God introduced grains to our diet.

Then finally, after the flood, God allowed meat into the diet.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

I think diet and lack of good nutrition contributes to our health problems. God started us out with the perfect diet...but when He introduced those other foods, He also knew there would be illness that came with eating those foods. I have seen the evidence, in my own body as well as others'. I know that when I eat a simple diet ...back to the fruits and veggies...I feel good...and I noticed my blood test numbers go up.
Did you catch that? I keep a food diary and can predict when I'm going to have low blood count numbers. I'm keeping this all quiet right now from the staff at the care center, because they keep telling me the food you put in your body has no relation to your numbers.

More on this in my next post....cause and effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment